Wednesday, June 3, 2009

TSA Boston

The TSA staff in Boston was completely nice to me. I was tired and trying to rush through and I forgot I had my blackberry in my pocket, so the first time I went through I set off the alarm. I quickly checked my pockets and realized my phone was in it.

I went through again and the alarm went off again. I was searching my pockets, and I couldn't figure out what it was for the longest time. Then the TSA agent pointed out that I had metal buttons on my shirt.

Duh! I can't believe I wore a shirt with METAL buttons to the airport. I'm sure many of you can't believe I was wearing a shirt with metal buttons period!

The agent was very nice about the whole thing, and she was patient with me every step of the way. Normally, I'd be inclined to give them a 4, but that's only because my expectations are so very low based upon all I've heard. I'm giving her a 3.5, because that's more objective.

1 comment:

Alison... said...

I can't believe they let you go through so many times without them having to frisk you - you're lucky. I had shoes on w/ metal studs [before they required people to remove shoes] and after going through the metal detector 3 times, they patted me down -

oh, the trauma!