Monday, April 13, 2009

Fratello's, Manchester, NH

We took Krissy out for lunch today to celebrate her birthday. We went to Fratello's, a small Italian restaurant family in NH - I believe there are 3 locations. I've had some good meals there, and I've had some not so good meals. It's nothing like the north end, but they have a good range of foods if you're going with a group.

I ordered the Veggie Formaggio panini - a brilled vegetable and cheese panini. It was *really* good. Krissy and Darcy had raviolis in red sauce, and they enjoyed their lunch too.

The waitress was perfectly fine. She introduced herself, as most waiters/waitresses do these days, saying, "I'm [whoever], and I'm going to be taking care of you today." Where did this phrase come from? I think it sounds funny, and it's ridiculously overused. It's not a regional thing - I've heard it in 3 of the 4 corners of the US. It's like the laughable "It's a great day at [insert company] today..." that you hear when you call into too many businesses these days. Who thinks of these silly catch phrases, and then SELLS them to organizations? I can do better - I'm sure of it. :)

Anyway, she was friendly, prompt, and perfectly fine - a classic service rater 3.

1 comment:

Alison... said...

I have had good and bad meals there too but I feel like the last few times, it's been pretty generic... glad you enjoyed your meal.

wow, you've been out to eat a lot lately - lucky you!

I forget what that's like

;-)