Monday, April 13, 2009

King Kone, Merrimack, NH

King Kone is a staple of summer in Merrimack, NH. Only open spring through fall, King Kone is known for cheap prices, only serving soft serve ice cream, and their foot tall large ice cream. I remember coming here as a child after sports games, with friends in the summer, after church, any time I could manage to convince someone to take me...and it usually didn't take much convincing.

Nostalgia aside, King Kone has been under new ownership for the past several years. The prices are still quite low, but the ice cream is less dense than it used to be. The more air you add into ice cream, the more you can stretch your money. I don't mind the airier mix, though. It's fewer calories.

Darcy and I each ordered a kiddie cone, and we ordered a hot dog to split. We haven't had a hot dog in ages, and I love the hot dogs at King Kone. Darcy asked for ketchup on the whole dog, and a side of mustard (for her side). The young girl at the counter was very polite and accommodating with our condiment requests.

Her service rating is a 3.

2 comments:

Stephanie said...

I miss King Kone! Service Rater, do you remember the man who used to own it? I think you had some business negotiations with him regarding our grandmother. I remember him because he used to try to talk me out of "crunchies": he said the jimmies were way better!

Alison... said...

You've driven me past this place a billion times but I've never had a kone there.

sad.