Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Sheraton - Portsmouth, NH

We stayed at the Sheraton in Portsmouth last night. We'd stayed here before, and it's a fairly nice hotel - nothing extraordinary, but nice enough and right downtown, so we've enjoyed staying here before. I saw it was pet friendly, so I booked it again. Unfortunately, when I arrived, I leared it's only pet tolerable, not pet friendly.

Upon checking in and signing a release about the dog, they handed me a piece of paper saying I couldn't leave the dog in the room alone, and if I did, he would be send to the pound. That's terrible! We had plans to see a concert and go out to dinner, and we had to change all of our plans. It was fine, and we still had a nice time, but it was unfortunate they didn't make that clear either when I booked the room or when I signed in.

The person who checked me in was perfectly fine, but she glossed over the pet rules so she wouldn't have to answer to them, and so she earns a service rating of 2.5.

1 comment:

Alison... said...

Not exactly pet friendly, no...

That is too bad.

You probably would not have left the little guy anyway [unless he was asleep] but the threat of sending your baby to the pound if you left him?

That's awful!